Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tucson Gem Fair 2010


I can't think of a better place to kick off a blog about wearing jewelry, buying jewelry and stacking on style than the Tucson Gem Fair. I am in lovely downtown Tucson for my 7th show. Always at the begining of February, The Tucson Gem Fair is the largest gem and mineral buying show in the world. It is so hard to explain how massive the scale of this show is. Have a look at this photo.


This is one vendor's booth, which is crammed next to another vendor's booth and on and on until you have filled a tent the size of a football field. Next to this tent is another tent equally full of jewelry. Imagine close to 30 of these tents spread out around Tucson. It is one of the most overwhelming things you could ever behold. I cant even get through two of these tents in one day. And I am a crazy fast shopper!!!





1 comment:

  1. This just brings back memories of the Atlanta Gift Mart! My stomach is turning...for good and bad. Seriously, I don't know about you but do you start just getting an itch at the beginning of January knowing that you will be bead shopping? That's how I was about my store. Come December, I knew my "fix" was coming!

    But there are not too many people that truly, TRULY get how exhausted you get. Not only from walking 25,000 miles in circles but your mind with budgets, seasonal, what will people like, what is cutting edge....and the mind just won't turn off! I remember just crashing on the hotel bed, sleeping (if I could get my brain to turn off) and getting up and doing it all over again...and again...and again!

    I don't miss my store AT ALL. I miss my annual trip though...

    Way to go AL!

    ReplyDelete